Monday, October 17, 2011

art

Let me introduce the other love of mine: papercrafting. I have another blog called 'paper jestar' which you can check out here.

Although it may seem totally different to writing, I find papercrafting very complementary. Perhaps because it fuels that creativity in me which also gives me the same joy and focus and confidence that writing gives me, but because it is a lot easier and more 'relaxing', each card I make is instant gratification and that sense of accomplishment pours into my writing. In short, each love inspires and encourages the other. Does that make any sense?

I absolutely love this video showcasing the fabulous Amy Tangerine and her DIY mini book. The song is called 'Art' by Tanya Davis. The lyrics encapsulate what I muse about too.
Art I want you.



I wondered what would be the worth of my words in the world
if i write them and then recite them are they worth being heard
just because i like them does that mean i should mic them
and see what might unfurl

i think of the significance of my opinions here
is it significant to be giving them does anybody care
just because i'm into this does that mean i should live like it
and really do i dare

art, art i want you
art you make it pretty hard not to
and my heart is trying hard here to follow you
but i can't always tell if i ought to

so i pondered the point of my art in this life
if i make it will someone take it and think it's genuine
will they be glad that i did 'cause they got something good out of it
will they leave me and be any more inspired

i question the outcome of the outpouring of myself
if i tell everyone my stories will this keep me healthy and well
will it give me purpose, to this world some sort of service
is it worth it, how can i tell

art, art...

1 comments:

Aaron Grey said...

Hi, can I contact you through your email? I've something to share that might interest you.

Aaron
aarongrey112 gmail.com

Post a Comment